Under the direction of the Sports Arena Manager, assists in the operation, administration, supervision and maintenance of the William G. Mennen Sports Arena and serves as general manager in the absence of the Manager and performs related duties as required.
- Assists the Arena Manager in the supervision and training of Arena personnel;
- Ensures compliance with P.E.O.S.H.A. requirements within the Mennen Arena by reporting compliance issues to the Sports Arena Manager for communication with the Safety and Compliance Coordinator and the initiation of corrective measures where appropriate; the Assistant Manager
- Sports Arena will cooperate in the efforts to resolve the issues;
- Ensures compliance with Right-to-Know requirements within the Mennen Arena.
- Administers Park Commission policies within the scope of his/her authority;
- In the absence of the Manager, assumes the general management responsibilities;
- Assists the Manager in the development and administration of skating programs;
- Provides leadership in Arena skating programs; - Prepares appropriate operational reports;
- Coordinates activities with skating and non-skating groups in planning functions for the Arena;
- Assures the proper use and maintenance of the Arena and related equipment;
- Monitors the correct application of established rate schedules;
- Cooperates with municipal, school and civic groups in the development and promotion of skating and non-skating programs;
- Responsible for closing out all registers daily, completing control reports verifying revenues, securing revenues and making deposits;
- Schedules, coordinates and contracts ice time for groups utilizing the Arena;
- Ensures that proper safety procedures are maintained and endorsed by Arena personnel and groups using the Arena;
- Schedules staff to provide adequate staffing for all programs.
- Exercises the normal supervisory functions in directing the Arena staff in conjunction with Park Commission Policies and Procedures; - Assists in developing operating budgets for the Arena; - May participate in committee meetings; - Assists the public at the Arena by responding to inquiries and generating a positive public relations environment; - Performs other projects and functions as assigned.
Qualifications: - Two years experience assisting in the general operation and administration of an indoor ice skating Arena providing public skating and spectator events or in supervising a full- service Skate Shop or in the maintenance of refrigeration and other related equipment for an indoor ice arena; - Broad knowledge of the operation and administration of an ice skating arena or sports complex; - Ability to understand, analyze and address the skating needs of the public; - Attainment of academic skills sufficient to perform the writing and record keeping functions of this position; - Ability to interact effectively with the staff and the public; - Possession of a valid New Jersey Drivers License; - Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.